Thursday, January 15, 2009

Curiouser & Curiouser...

...is what Alice said with each new adventure that she encountered while walking through Wonderland. And this, my friend, is how Arthur Rackham illustrated her in the 1907 version of the Lewis Carroll classic.


My dear friend Jamie found a reprint of the 1907 version of this beloved classic and gave it to me today. I was just so thrilled.

In the past month, I have received three different versions of this beloved tale and just love the imagination that was used for each visual style produced.


I must say though, Rackham's illustrations could very well be my favorite version.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

There is something that is just so wonderful about good illustrations in a "children's" book, don't you think? One of my favorites is a copy I have of the Velveteen Rabbit. These Alice in Wonderland pictures are great!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin