Saturday, May 9, 2009

Around the House Saturdays

I thought I'd share a few fun photos of my studio for this week's "Around the House Saturdays." These are a few of my antique store finds and a delightful sale item from Anthropologie. Hope they inspire you and give you ideas for your "creative space."

This is a wonderful retro scale that my parents bought me for my Birthday. It makes the neatest pedestal for displaying items. Right now it's displaying a favorite childhood book of mine.


This next photo contains a few favorite items that I use to organize odds-n-ends in my studio. The delightful little box behind the pin cushion is a metal recipe card box that I store all of my various sewing needles in. It's easy to get to right beside my sewing machine. The little glass jar in the far right-hand side of the photo is a recycled raspberry preserves jar. It holds my seam ripper and marking tools used for sewing. And the last item in this photo is the Ball Jar in the background. I just recently purchased some more lovely Italian paper from Papyrus and didn't have anywhere to display/store it, so I thought, what the heck - the paper fits perfectly in it. Why not?!


This last photo contains an adorable glass jar that I bought on clearance at Anthropologie. Just look at the beautiful etchings on it. This lovely trinket travels from place to place in our home. Moving it around every now and then reminds me of its elegance. That's always a good decorating trick for any home. If you don't have the money to buy new items, just rearrange things - it will bring a new life to your space.

1 comment:

Christy Amular said...

Delightful, beautiful things! Thanks for sharing cozy corners of your home. :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin