Saturday, May 29, 2010

Around the House Saturdays: In the Studio Edition

It has finally begun...nesting. The baby bump is getting bigger (I'm at 18 1/2 weeks now) and I've finally begun sewing the many projects that I have compiled for this little one.


Of course this first project is more for Mommy, but still, it's something I wouldn't make if we weren't expecting...so it's kind of for Baby, right?


And obviously this project had to be the hardest and most tedious project I've ever made, which explains why it took me 2 1/2 weeks to make. A little bit here... A little bit there... A phone call to my Mom to help me figure out what steps "a" through "h" mean... and Voila! You get the "Everything Bag" from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones.


Never in my life have I worked with some of the supplies needed for this bag. Fusible fleece. Elastic. Peltex? Who ever heard of Peltex? It was definitely a challenge (a 4 out of 5 for difficulty, according to the sewing goddess herself), but it was well worth it.

I absolutely adore how this bag doesn't look like a traditional diaper bag. Instead, it's a cute tote that I can carry around with baby stuff inside, but still look cute and fashionable. Thank you Amy Butler. Although your patterns are quite intimidating sometimes, it's well worth it to stick at it and complete the project.


Now don't think I've left my Hubby out or that I'm going to make him carry this bag around town when he takes Baby from place to place. I plan on making the "Dad Bag" from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings for him. He's super excited about it and I am, too. Of course, it's a pattern that once again looks intimidating as all get out, but I think if I could make my bag, I can make just about anything now... Unless it involves triangles... Triangles just know how to erk my nerves the right way to make me want to quit a project within 2 seconds...

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend and doesn't get too sunburned at those cook-outs and pool parties. I know I'll be lathering up a bit more this time and making sure I don't miss any spots like I did last weekend.

5 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

this looks awesome! I would love to have a divider in my bag, but haven't tackled that yet. I LOVE fusible fleece - I line all of my bags with it.

you did a wonderful job!!

Anna said...

so pretty sarah, great job!

Unknown said...

So stinking cute! Your going to be the hippest mama on the block!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Love that diaper bag - that is also the first thing I stitched up when I was pregnant!

So since you are in the sewing mood, have you visited www.WeAllSew.com yet? Lots of links to lots of sewing goodies!

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...that bag is super cute:)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin