Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gone Antiquing

Went antiquing this weekend at two great antique shops here on the South side of Indy. There are so many great antique shops around here - I just can't get enough of them. We got a lot of fun stuff for just over $20.

The Hubby got this great retro wind up clock for his office that I am re-designing this week. And I found a fun scarf with different clocks on it...Not sure if I'm going to wear it or cut it up and use it in some type of sewing project.

Here's another find that the Hubby discovered...a fun jar with red decals on it of an old business in Indianapolis and some colorful old-fashioned clothes pins that I'm going to use to hang different inspirational items around my studio.


I got these brightly colored bird prints to hang in my studio. I think they're going to be a bright addition to the walls.

I got these notions for 25 cents a piece. I love the red rick-rack and the 100% silk ribbon.

I got to add to my collection of teacups. These bright yellow flowers are absolutely wonderful. They have that 1970s feel to them, but they also have a contemporary graphic flare.

And last, but not least, I found some vintage postcards that I'm going to use in some of my print collages and possibly use for gift tags. My Hubby found this great woodblock stationary. It has a fun woodland feel to it and just makes me happy.

4 comments:

kellie: thelemondime said...

fun stuff!!! the colorful clothespins are my fave!!!

Unknown said...

fun finds! I need to make time to get out and find my own :)

Samantha S said...

Such lovely finds. I particularly like the bird prints and the teacups.

Andrea said...

Does your hubby actually buy you those things at whim? That is one special guy. How sweet of him!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin