Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Cozy Cup of Yummy


On chilly days such as these, there's nothing I enjoy more than a yummy cup of hot chocolate. And to fancy it up a bit, I add whip cream and red sprinkles. Mmm...the cozy goodness.

One thing that I am looking for right now is a homemade recipe for hot chocolate. I currently use SwissMiss powder, which is quite yummy, but I would love to be able to make my own homemade cup of chocolaty goodness! If you have a recipe, leave a comment and let me know. I'd love to try it!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

I make a homemade powder to have on hand at my house since it's healthier. You just put powdered milk, cocoa and sugar in it. I don't have the exact amounts in front of me, but you could experiment until it tastes just right. Something like a couple of cups of milk, and a cup of cocoa and a cup of sugar. don't hold me to it, though:)

SewPolkaDot said...

Real hot chockolate recipe from Iceland:
100 grams of dark chockolate are dissolved using medium heat in a litte water (0,5 dl)
1 Liter of milk is heated almost to a boil in another pot.
Then the milk is poured into the melted chockolate, a little bit at a time, while stirring well. Bring to a boil but don't let it bubble on.
Delicious with whipped cream and for christmas I like adding a little crushed candy-cane as sprinkles.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin