Saturday, August 21, 2010

Around the House Saturdays: Beach Decor Edition

It's August, which means the summer is drawing to a close. When I was growing up, my family and I would take at least one week and head to the beach for some good ol' sand and swimming. Unfortunately, this year the Hubby and I were unable to make it to the shore. But one of the ways I've found to cope with missing the ocean is to have beach/coastal items around the house.

Recently, I read a post from the fabulous Lisa Leonard of Lisa Leonard Designs where she was highlighting some of the beach accessories in her new home and I thought I would share them with you (with her permission, of course).

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Leonard.

Photo Courtesy of Lisa Leonard.


Photo Courtesy of Lisa Leonard.

When it comes to beach decor, I think the more subtle and natural, the better.

For other inspiring beach/coastal home decor items, check out these sites:
Cottage & Bungalow
Outer Banks Trading Group
Pottery Barn
Seaside Inspired

Have a great weekend! And if you happen to live near the ocean, please dip your toes in the water for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not near the ocean, but totally enjoyed Lake Michigan yesterday. I over heard someone comment, "Have you ever seen such a huge body of water?" Apparently they have never seen the ocean either.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin