Monday, October 27, 2008

An Uber-Organized Storage Wall

This weekend was a fun construction weekend for my Hubby. We found this terrific peg board organizer idea in Do it Yourself Magazine and just had to make it for my studio. All it took was a 2ft. x 4ft. piece of pre-painted peg board, 4 pieces of pre-painted chair railing for the frame, and an assortment of peg board hooks.

Here it is...waiting to be hung up.

Me & my Hubby hard at work. [It was a great way to spend a chilly Friday night together].

The finished product! It works perfectly above my sewing desk. I'm just so excited to be super organized...and it looks cute, too!

They suggested using a pants hanger to hang ribbons and various spools on. That way I can see all of the ribbons I have and I can easily unwind them without taking them off the hanger.

I was extremely happy that I could finally display some of my favorite rolls of paper. They'd been laying in a corner since the summer and I couldn't enjoy them. Now they're on display for me to see and I can actually remember I have them for future projects.

For the longest time, I've had to keep my paint brushes stored in my art trunk b/c I haven't had any shelf space for them. Well...the hook kit came with two shelf brackets and my Hubby had some left over oak wood from another project he's working on, so he cut it, sanded it down, and painted it the same color as my studio walls and now I have a delightful little shelf that holds my paint brushes. Oh the joys of organization!

4 comments:

mandy said...

super cute where did you find the magazine?

amylouwhosews said...

i LOVE this. What a great way to have portable storage! My husband is in the military so we move a lot. I'm always having to adapt to a new home, layout, etc. I definitely want to make one of these.

Thanks for sharing!

kellie: thelemondime said...

well, Mr and Mrs Martha! So super cute and so amazingly functional!
Way to go!

Stacy said...

Lovely!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin