Monday, August 25, 2008

[Delightfully Fragrant]

My senses were on overload yesterday!
First of all...
My wonderful Hubby bought me a lavender plant. We've been using this all-natural lavender soap to wash our faces lately and he has fallen in love with the fresh smell that it produces. So while he was at the grocery store yesterday, he happened to find a lovely lavender plant on sale. Oh how excited I was!

Back in the Spring, my Hubby also bought me a bucket of bulbs. It was actually a beginner's gardening kit for children and knowing how much of a child at heart I am, he knew it would tickle me pink...so he bought it for me. Once the bulbs were planted in their brightly colored yellow bucket, they immediately began to grow. It was such a wonderful process to watch them go from 1 inch sprouts to 2 foot leaves.


Well...as excited as I was to see the beautiful foliage of the elephant ear, glads, and other lovely plants, I was somewhat sad that they had not bloomed yet...

Well...

Just last week...

They began to bloom!

Look at how gorgeous and exotic these beautiful blooms are!


I was absolutely thrilled. My patience and waiting the summer out finally came to fruition and these lovely ladies graced me with their presence. Of course I'm not quite sure what type of flower they are because I had such a variety of bulbs, but I don't care. All I know is that they are lovely. And as I sit here and type this, looking out my studio window, I can see them dancing in the late summer breeze. [Sigh]

On another note...

I baked a yummy dinner last night that my Hubby said was going on his "Top 3 List of Best Dinners Ever." We were in the mood for quiche and I like spinach quiche, but he doesn't...So we compromised and I created my own recipe of Broccoli Quiche. I kind of combined my Spinach quiche recipe with my Broccoli casserole and this is what we got...



Oh the yummy-ness!

Here's the recipe for those of you who would like to create this delightful treat for yourself.

Broccoli Quiche
1 9-inch pie shell
1/2 a bag of frozen finely chopped brocolli
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 jar of Cheese Wiz or 1/2 a block of velveeta
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
a pinch of pepper
1/4 tsp. sugar

  • Blend melted butter, eggs, and milk.
  • Add Cheese Wiz, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, sugar, and broccoli. Mix well.
  • Pour into pie shell.
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until filling is set and golden brown on top.
  • Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting...and then...ENJOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you get so excited over the little things in life.

Did you get the forward from Alicia? I hope so :)

Any fall bags for sale? I'm still thinking they are great and wish you had a fall colored one.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin