Friday, December 19, 2008

In Between Finals...

I was actually able to do some baking and sewing today! Oh the sweet relief of having enough time between working on my finals to work on some much needed Christmas sweets and presents for Christmas sweeties. I was able to make some delicious peanut blossoms, my favorite Christmas cookie as a child...and let's face it, as an adult. (This part of my post goes completely against my earlier post on healthy snacks).

These are the best when they are fresh out of the oven. The Hershey Kiss just melts in your mouth. And of course, if you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk. These cookies should always accompany a cold glass of milk. Yum Yum!

I was also able to make these darling Christmas presents for our Pastor's two daugthers.

LinkI found the pattern in this amazing book. It's so incredibly easy. Each hat took me about an hour and a half to make. It was also the first time that I used the zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine and the first time that I made yo-yos. It was so much fun!





And now my finals are complete. All I have to do is give two presentations tomorrow and I am done with school for 3 weeks! Christmas vacation here I come! Woohoo!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin