Tuesday, July 29, 2008

[a weekend of treasure hunting, sewing, and 2 blondes]

when we get together...there's just no stopping us.

look at the beautiful treasures we brought home! we found a yard sale, went to our favorite antique mall here in Indiana, and to a lovely fabric store called Clementine's Dry Goods.


a fish bottle that looks marvelous in my bathroom.


lovely Amy Butler fabrics and antique fabrics and tables cloths...oh and a fun tin bowl with bright colors!


Mom's beautiful chandelier that she's going to hang on her front porch.

a manual mixer...don't know if I'm going to use it or find somewhere fun to put it in my kitchen.


antique necklaces and monogrammed statoinary.

a basket full of goodies on top of a picnic basket that I bought for 5 dollars!

more lovely fabrics...


while at Clementine's we bought a pattern of one of Amy Butler's bags [the birdie sling]


look at these fabrics...if only they knew the wonderful purse they are about to become!

these were mom's choices.

and thus it begins...



look we made pockets!

and the top trim...

look at those gussets!


hard at work on the sewing machine.



they're finished!!



look at the beautiful inside!



modeling our beautiful creations...thank you Amy Butler for your beauty & creativity!


5 comments:

Dana said...

I. Must. Have. One. Have you seen the new fabric from Anna Maria Horner called Garden Party? That would make a great bag! So, would Heather Bailey's new fabric called Pop Garden. Great job!!

Nicole said...

i just found your blog , via old red barn , it's very nice and it sounds like you had a wonderful time! gorgeous bags by the way :0)

Anonymous said...

Just love the bags! I so wish you would have brought one for me to buy from you. Just way too cute!

Sarah and Jack said...

Gorgeous bags!

amylouwhosews said...

I'm glad to see what those look like finished (besides on the pattern)! You guys did a great job. I love Amy Butler too - all of her fabrics are a-MAZ-ing! I can't wait to see the quilt you are working on. I'm doing one all by myself too (Dana told me how she made hers and I'm replicating it - which by the way is how I came across your blog!).

I'll be back!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin