Thursday, April 15, 2010

Black and White and Red All Over

Back in February I was asked by my wonderful grandma (whom I call Nanny) to make a purse for my Aunt Sally like the one I made her for Christmas. Nanny told me that Sally loves hers so much and so she thought it would be perfect for me to make one for Sally for her birthday (partly so Sally can enjoy one for herself and so she can stop oogling over hers). So this past weekend, I finally got a chance to put it together...


It's the "Taxi Tote" from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me and it's so much fun to make. Because my aunt loves black and white with hints of red, I decided to create a fabric flower that would add some pop and pizazz to the purse.


I found a cute little red button from my vintage button collection that worked perfectly with this purse.


I think it turned out really beautiful and I can't wait to see her reaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!! SHE IS GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE, MUMMA

Kristin said...

It's perfect!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin